I really enjoyed making my last baking post, so I thought I would give it another go!Β Once all the snickerdoodles were gone, I wanted more cookies, and chocolate chip is my second favourite!

The recipe I used is another old, trusted one that I found online. There’s so much recipes out there! I’ll leave a linkΒ hereΒ and let you know again, that the recipe I used has been halved. I also am not a fan of nuts, so I always opt to leave those out. This recipe gives you soft, chewy cookies, which again is the type I prefer!

Let’s get into it.

First, make sure you have all the ingredients, cause I’ve been caught out before.

To make 12 cookies, you will need:

• 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence (I can’t tell the difference truthfully)
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp hot water
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

20170416_132019

Cream together the softened (or in my case, almost melted) butter, brown and white sugar.

20170416_132857
All mixed!

Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.

20170416_133316
Mix some more!

Now the dry ingredients. Β Time to add baking soda, salt and flour.

20170416_133938

Now, for the best part! The chocolate chips!!

20170416_134236
I love cookie batter!

Now to scoop it out and put on the baking trays.

20170416_135118

I baked them for 15 minutes at 150 degrees celsius.

20170416_141042
Cookies!!!!

As usual, they expanded more than I thought. But they look (and taste) good! Which is the most important part.

20170416_142954

I really like cookies πŸ™‚

Also, it looks like we’ve almost reached 300 followers! I’m off to plan a special little post thanking everyone for when we reach it πŸ˜ƒ

30 thoughts on “Let’s Bake! (Chocolate Chip Cookies Edition)

• Natalie Vinh

Yum! These look just like the cookies I made! I’ll have to try your recipe out!

It was after I saw your post that I decided to make some of my own πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Invisibly Me

Mmmm these look yummy! Maybe this is a silly question, but did you use a particular type of sugar for white/brown, such as muscavado for brown and caster for white? I’m sure it’s the sugar I can never get quite right whenever I’ve made cookies (or perhaps I just use too much as I have a sweet tooth!) x

For the white sugar, I just used the standard one, not castor. The brown sugar I used is called Raw Sugar. But it’s basically brown sugar. I don’t know if that helps XD
      But keep experimenting when you bake, that’s what I normally do. With cookies, I have tried lots of different recipes, and I prefer some over others. Once I find the one I realy like, I stick with that one forever!

• Invisibly Me

Thanks, will do! I’ll bookmark this page and give this recipe a try soon =]

• xoxo, c.

OHHH they look delicious!! I’ve got to try making those. I’m not a very good baker, but what can go wrong with chocolate chip cookies?.. πŸ˜„ one of my more talented baking friends told me that she puts the dough into the refrigerator for a while before baking them so the cookies don’t expand as much. Maybe that will help? The larger cookies do look scrumptious, though. Anyways, congratulations on three hundred!!! You deserve it:)
    Cate xx

Hi Cate! They are so delicious, and the recipe is very easy to follow. You know, I think the original recipe did say to refrigerate the batter for a while..But I’m not very patient, and I just wanted to eat the cookies! XD

• Dippy-Dotty Girl

Looks good even though I possibly cannot fit in more food tonight. One can, however, always be a drooling dog.

Haha XD Fair enough, even when full, we can at least look at more delicious foods and plan on having them another ady πŸ™‚

• Dippy-Dotty Girl

I shall reach in through Bertie (my laptop) another day then πŸ˜€

• wormalblog

These look so good fuck me up aha

• Sheetal Bhardwaj

It looks so yummy. Will surely try it out. πŸ™‚

Definitely do it! It’s a nice easy recipe πŸ™‚

• Sheetal Bhardwaj

Yeah and that result is too tempting. πŸ˜€

• Janah Pinku

Wow, you’ve got great baking skills. The cookies look so yummy! Thanks for putting up a quick & easy chocolate cookie recipe. I’ll try some soon. πŸ’•

I really recommend the recipe! It’s very quick and easy πŸ˜€

• randomthoughtsbyhaya

They look so delicious!

• ughmango

Ohh your cookies look delicious, chocolate chip cookies are always a good idea haha!! I love how you have taken a picture of every step, it makes it so much easier to follow the recipe 😍

Thank you! You can never go wrong with a classic chocolate chip cookie! I had fun taking pictures while baking, I’m glad it helps πŸ˜€

• Maggie

Yuuuum! I’ve been thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies soon. Yours look good!

Thanks Maggie! They were really nice. I love soft, chewy cookies πŸ™‚

• Maggie

You’re welcome! I’m sure they were. It’s been a while since I had a chocolate chip cookie (I try to avoid chocolate – acne problems, hah!), but I’m happy about getting to make a batch soon πŸ™‚

• chefkreso

Tasty!

• blissfullyyourssite

Can I use dermerara sugar instead of brown ?

I would think so…as long as it’s different to white sugar, then I think it’s fine. But I’m no expert baker XD

• Pingback: 30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 9 – lifeofangela

• Pingback: Let’s Bake! (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Edition) – lifeofangela