Are you ready for Day 8 of the Blogging Challenge. Don’t forget, I’m doing this alongside the wonderful Maggie and Cheila! Here we go.

Day 8 is about My Biggest Pet Peeve.

I don’t think I have one big pet peeve. I have lots of little ones. In general, I’m a duck. You know the saying about water off a duck’s back? That’s me. I’m generally relaxed and happy. It would take a lot to rattle me. I rarely get mad or frustrated. If I do, I move past it fairly quickly. With that being said, let’s look at the things that do annoy me or make me a little mad.

• People who stop and talk in the middle of the street, in front of doors or other exits, basically people who stop and have a chit chat and are clearly in the way. Please just move your conversation somewhere less in the way.
  • The same goes for people walking slowly in a big group, blocking the whole footpath. Form two groups if you must. Sometimes, I am in a rush, and you guys are stressing me out.
  • A few driving ones. Drivers who drive a lot under the speed limit. I can forgive if you’re driving a few kms under the limit, but if you’re going 40 in a 50 area…I slowly lose my mind. Drivers who tailgate you when you’re driving at the limit. Chill. Drivers who don’t signal. It’s not that hard to do, just flick your hand up or down to signal where you’re going.
  • Leaving cupboard doors open when you’ve left the room.
  • Leaving the lights on when you’ve left the room.
  • Leaving chairs out when you’ve vacated the chair.
  • People who believe they can do no wrong, or always shift the blame. I’ve known a few of these types, and it annoys me to no end. Everyone makes mistakes. We all do, you’re not immune. Just accept that you made a mistake and move on.
  • People who play music in public spaces through their phone. You heard of ear phones?

This list is actually starting to get me a teensy riled up so I will leave it there. Just have common sense guys. I’m guilty of doing some of these things, but I always do my best to check myself. I also try not to let these things rile me up too much though.

Gotta keep being a duck.

Image result for duck
Me.

If this post did make you riled up and you want to vent about your own pet peeves, please feel free to use the comments below as a sounding board.

24 thoughts on “30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 8

• Small town Rambler

I hate when ppl stop in the middle of the area and talk as well especially at stores. then they get all upset and give u dirty looks when you say excuse me because u can’t get by and it’s hour fault of course their conversation was interrupted

Ha! Yes! Why choose that spot to stop and chat? I need to get by and and you’re blocking the specific item I need 😒

• Siyana

….or people who have earphones, but you can still hear the loud music coming from it!

Ooh yes. Does that not hurt their ears? Why are they listening to their music so loud?

• Siyana

TBH, my flatmate uses headphones and I can hear what he’s listening to, very clearly from 5 meters away. He just got to the point when he’s being half-deaf and loud stuff for me are totally fine for him.

• Hannah

All of these make me so mad. #1 is even more annoying when they’ve been walking in front of you at a brisk pace and you’re right behind then they stop dead in the middle of the path. Then you have to do a 360 degree turn and a foot shuffle to not run into them. Ahh!

That’s so annoying. Ive bumped into people that way, and they look back annoyed at me. Why did you suddenly stop in a busy sidewalk though? 😒

• Hannah

Exactly! Some people are so self-absorbed it’s nauseating.

• wormalblog

Aha yessss girrrrl you tell them haha (also I might be that person who leaves cupboards open when I leave) (my bad my bad) but those people who leave the lights on- damn them aha

I’ve caught myself doing the cupboard things on rare occasions and i get so mad at myself 😂
      But yes, the light thing is worse. That’s wasting electricity people!

• wormalblog

Ahaha I also hate when people leave water going when they’re not using it-jeeeeez

• Gluecksgeist

Oh I can agree with everything!!! Especially people who stop in the middle of the street!!! Get away!!
    Great post, x

Exactly! Why is that the best place to decide to group together and chit chat. Please mooooove

• myhearinglossstory

Hello Angela. Yes!! people stopping still in the middle of the street is so annoying! It’s also annoying when I am carrying heavy food shopping bags, trying to walk home, and two or three people manage to walk in front of me, blocking the whole path, making me walk extra slowly behind them, with my aching arms! Carly

Oof that sucks. Some people just seem unaware of people around them :/

• mphadventuregirl

One pet peeve of mine is when people don’t follow the rules of the theatre

That’s fair. Talking and cellphone noises are so rude

• mphadventuregirl

It is rude to not only to the audience. During a musical, I don’t like it when others sing along, that is so rude. I only find that acceptable when the audience is asked to sing along. People just aren’t respectful in live theatre anymore. There is nothing like the power of live theatre and is even more powerful than watching a movie

• -Eugenia

You nailed it with this post!

• lauzieslifestyle

Haha when I first saw that duck, I thought wow she’s writing about my childhood favourite: Rosie & Jim! So random but I love this post. Everything you wrote, I completely agree. It’s such selfish behaviour. If people are in a large group walking slowly in a small place, I make a point of shouting excuse me. And I hate when I’m walking and I can hear someone walking behind me really fast. It creeps me out!

Ha, nope, just that I consider myself a duck XD
      Good on you for shouting excuse me, I tend to just go around them or try squeeze through. It normally surprises them cause I don’t say anything XD

We share all of them, love!! People can be so annoying and clueless.