Welcome to Day 10 of the Blogging Challenge.Β MaggieΒ andΒ Cheila, we’re now a third of the way through! Woo! Are you ready for today’s prompt? It’s all about favourite books!

I do not have a specific favourite book. Harry Potter is very dear to me, as it was the first series that sucked me into another world. It is one of the top, however, for this prompt, I want to look at my favourite books over a range of genres.

Children’s

Image result for dear zoo

This was my all time favourite book as a kid. Even now, I love reading it to the kids at the centre, even the babies love it. It’s animals! How can you not love animals? It’s cute and charming, but it will also get ripped because one year olds like to test how far back you can pull the flap.

Fantasy

Harry Potter Series

Image result for harry potter books

I mean, you knew it was going to show up. I reread this series so many times growing up. It’s about a world of magic. I loved the characters, I got emotionally invested in what was going on, and felt devastated when beloved characters died as the series progressed. I loved that the series got darker, and the tone more serious as the story went on, as we grew up, so did Harry and co, but they faced greater dangers than us. I read Deathly Hallows in a day, even with school on. I walked around with my face in the book, because I had to know how it ended. However, I am not a fan of Cursed Child, and I hate that it’s considered the eighth installment. I choose to ignore that story.

Young Adult

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Image result for hunger games

I love YA as a series. I’m very much a sucker for these dystopian novels as well. However to me, Hunger Games stood out from the crowd. I really enjoyed her writing from first person perspective, and the concept of the Hunger Games themselves was interesting. I got sucked into the world, and I couldn’t put the books down.

Chick Lit

Image result for sophie kinsella shopaholic series

I read my fair share of Chick Lit, it’s fun and light reading. Perfect if you want something you can put down and come back to. I enjoyed the Shopaholic series, it was the first chick lit series that I read, and it stuck with me. I will say though, that I’m not enjoying the later book in the series. Maybe it’s cause I’m older and I’ve outgrown it, but it’s lost that spark for me. Also Becky is just starting to act really entitled and making choices that seem out of character.

Biographies

Image result for yes please

I’ve been quite fond of reading biographies. Amy Poehler’s Yes Please was the best one for me. I again couldn’t put it down, a sign of a good book, and I felt like I learnt a lot while reading it. Amy Poehler is someone I look up to, she’s amazing, funny and strong. She gave me the mantra of “Good for her, not for me”. I read this at uni, and I was already starting to look at the world through less judging and jealous eyes, but more supportive. If someone makes lifestyle choices I wouldn’t, I would support and encourage them even if I had no intention of joining, rather than pointing and gossiping. I enjoy this outlook a lot more, and it’s made me happier.

Mystery/Thriller

Image result for gone girl book

No other book made me gasp quite as much as Gone Girl. I read this in less than a day. I got pulled in, I trusted the narrators completely, I felt like I knew where this story was going. Boy, was I wrong. The book kept me guessing till the end.

Sci-Fi

themartian

I don’t actually read that many sci-fi novels, I don’t think. Does Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy count? I like sci-fi books, which don’t take themselves too seriously. While there was techno babble about NASA, enginerring and botany in this book, it was kept enjoyable by the main character, Mark Watney. The blog format helped me to read the book on and off as I could come in and out of the story as I pleased. I really liked the book πŸ˜€

So there you go! A couple of my favourite books from different genres! I don’t read as much now as I used to, I’m trying to change that. Currently I’m reading Me Before You, but I’m barely into it. I’m enjoying it, but work and life keeps pulling me away from it. Rude.

29 thoughts on “30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 10

• starringpamela

The Harry Potter series will always be my favorite ever! πŸ™‚ I also did love “Yes Please!” and “The Martian”. We have such similar reading tastes!

• The Quiet Teacher

So many good books. Harry Potter is a favorite of course. The toddlers in my class love Dear Zoo, many of them can say it along with me.

I read Dear Zoo to the toddlers in mt class too! They are obsessed with animal noises at the moment πŸ˜„

• mphadventuregirl

I love the Harry Potter series and my love started with the movies eventually reading the movies. Love it for all the magic and the characters. I tend to read fantasy, mystery, adventure, and classics in my more recent years

I found the books first, I was aware of the movies but I didn’t start watching them till after falling in love with the books πŸ™‚

• mphadventuregirl

I was scared to watch the first movie. To watch it, I literally tied a blanket around around my neck and super Meg watched it. She was a superhero I invented in my elementary school years

• AdashofJhaee

Loved all the books in your list 😊

• Sarah

Amy Poehler’s biography sounds interesting! It’s definitely a healthy attitude to adopt.

It was really fun and insightful to read which I wasn’t expecting πŸ˜„

• Small town Rambler

love the books!

• waggytalesdogblog

Some great books there! x

• Natalie Vinh

The Martian is such a hilarious book! I honestly didn’t think I was going to like it at all, but once I started reading I couldn’t put it down!

It’s so good. The writing style of it made it so much fun to read for me πŸ˜€

• iwannabealady

I’ve recently started hearing such great things about the style and humor of The Martian, which I didn’t expect although I saw the movie. You know how books to movies tend to go. So I’m really excited to read it, hopefully this summer. I’ll have to finish Tina Fey’s autobiography and then I’ll grab Amy’s. They are both such creative and inspiring forces. I aspire.

They’re both amazing women I agree! πŸ˜„

• iwannabealady

I just finished The Alchemist. Everyone needs to get their hands on a copy (Their own copy so that they can underline. Yes, I always write in books). Anyway, READ IT. Especially if you’re a human being.

Ooh. Sounds intriguing πŸ™‚
      I will add it to my ever growing to be read list πŸ˜„

• The Obsession Begins

I’m not much of a reader but I’d like to me. Only problem is, I get bored. So I guess I need a book with lots going on. I love mysteries and love stories. Any suggestions???

Fair enough. I too dont often have tine to read, and unless it’s interesting enough it’s hard for me to finish. Gone girl and Girl on the train are both recent good thrillers!

• travelnerdplans

A lot of great books on your list. And Dear Zoo is so sweet–I love reading it to my little one. πŸ™‚

It’s such a great book. The flipping of the doors and the animal pictures combined make it such a sweet book

• travelnerdplans

Yes, right? So sweet, and what kid (or grown up for that matter) can resist??

• Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd

I don’t usually read biographies but I should really check out Amy Poehler’s! She’s so hilarious and I feel like I would really love hers! πŸ™‚

You really should! Her biography had me laughing a lot, and it was also just a fun read πŸ™‚