We’ve reached Day 16 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge. Be sure to keep up withΒ MaggieΒ andΒ CheilaΒ as we do this together πŸ™‚

Day 16 is about what’s on my To-Do List.

Currently, I have a few things on my to-do list, nothing too big. Just kinda general goals and things I want to keep track of.

pexels-photo

General Blog Things

• Keep up with daily blogging (including the 30 Day challenge!) – I have been doing pretty well with this
  • Keep up to date with reading everyone’s blogs – I’ve also been doing well with this, although it’s sometimes a bit of a juggle with work, but I’ve found a way to make it work.

Banner

General Health Things

• Keep up with Beginner Exercise Plan – I go through a site I found from Pinterest called Spotebi. They have a whole bunch of workouts and plans for all different levels. They come with cute images for the exercises, a timer, a playlist, warm ups and cool downs..everything really. I’ve currently been doing the beginner plan since the beginning of the month. If you’re interested, you can find itΒ here.
  • Drink more water – I aim for eight glasses a day. The most I get to is four or five. I’ve yet to actually get to eight, but I try.
  • Eat more fruit and veggies – I’ve been getting better at this, actually! I still have sweets most days though, cause sugar helps me replace all that energy I use up all day with the kids XD
Image result for fruits and water
I tried finding an image with a glass of water and fruit, but this is better πŸ˜€

Budget Things

• Save half of my paycheck and keep in savings – I’ve been keeping to this pretty well. I’ve only had to dip in once, because I got a wee bit excited with some shopping. But only once these past few months!!
  • Keep track of what I’m spending my money on Β – I’m using an excel spreadsheet thing to keep track of my monthly budget. It helps me quite a bit actually.
Image result for piggy bank
I used to have a piggy bank like this..I have no idea where it went

Reading things

• Read 20 books this year – I’m up to number 8. I’ve been meaning to read at least two a month, but I’m only a little bit into my current book. I keep getting too busy to read..
Image result for books
I’m doing pretty well with my book reading, it’s just getting hard to find time now I’m back at work

General things

• Clean house at least once every few weeks (kitchen, bathroom, vacumm)- ahahaha, nope.
  • Do dishes everyday to keep from piling up – surprisingly yes, we have always managed to do this
  • See more of Wellington, do more walks – weather permitting, we plan to do these more on the weekends
  • Contact Angie, and see if we can set in motion my plans for my second tattoo – I did this just yesterday actually. We’ve pencilled in July 1 for now. So watch this space πŸ™‚
  • Change last name officially to Jenkins – I finally have the marriage certificate, but I keep forgetting to do this. I go by Jenkins now on social media, but I keep forgetting to call doctors, bank, etc. I’ll do it eventually.
  • Finish colouring books – Slowly and steadily I will get there…
Image result for lists
I like making lists, and this photo just looks nice. Thanks Google Images.

That’s about it for my general to-do lists. This kinda combines with goals. As there’s nothing huge coming up, I don’t really have much things I need to get done immediately.

What’s on your to-do list currently?

25 thoughts on “30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 16

• thesunshinetiara

This is a fun challenge.! You are doing pretty well! Love reading your posts. Even your simplest posts are so relatable and its fun to read!
    Do visit: https://thesunshinetiara.wordpress.com/2017/05/16/sale-15-things-under-999-from-jabong-right-now/

I’ll definitely come by your blog

• Travels of a beauty addict

I love that change your last name is on there! I’ve been married two and a half years and keep meaning to do it but its so much hassle I still haven’t got round to it!! x

Haha, that definitely sounds like me in two and a half years as well πŸ˜‚
      I’m trying to get a jump on it though πŸ™‚

You are quite busy yourself, lady!! I could never save half of my salary. There are always unexpected expenses, really annoying. Can I ask if you and Rory have your finances combined and if you do the same with his salary? (Don’t have to answer if it’s too private) Rui and I have all of our money together and have for years, same accounts, same savings accounts, etc.

I have been pretty good at consistently saving half my salary, I mean a huge chunk of my savings vanished last year and early this year (wedding, honeymoon, Sydney), so I’m trying my best to make it up as we’re looking into buying a house one day. We have the occasional unexpected expense, but mostly, we try to stick to saving at least half of our savings.
      Rory and I have separate accounts, at separate banks actually. We never had a joint account, we talked about it, but our current system where we split all the costs 50/50 seems to be working, so we just go with that. We think it’d be too complicated at this point to move everything around, but maybe one day we will.

We used to have it like that as well but he made way more money than I did so it not very fair that way. Wow, you’re very good at saving money. I was never able to save 50%. Too much shopping when I was younger haha

Oh trust me, this is a recent thing. Basically once we got engaged, I got really serious about saving up lots and all that πŸ˜„

hahaha but it’s a great habit to have!!

• Dippy-Dotty Girl

I have to agree with Cheila on that. You have a lot on your plate. But it does make it nice when you get time to sit back and see all that you have achieved in a day. So at the end of the day you need to pat yourself πŸ™‚ P.S.: I am a terrible saver!

Haha, I do have a lot I try to keep track of. This is actually a recent thing. Since we decided to get married actually, we have been wanting to focus more on our budget and savings. The other stuff, I have also just wanted to get better at, working out, eating more healthy, cleaning up etc.
      I do like crossing things off my to-do list πŸ™‚

• Dippy-Dotty Girl

I am an obsessive list maker too. There is a notepad dedicated to the job. It is good to have an awareness of what all you want to achieve and go about them xx

• Kali Borovic

Drinking more water is on my to-do list too! xx.

It’s something I just keep forgetting during the day…

• Kali Borovic

Same! I want to get one of those water bottles that keeps track of how many bottles you’ve drank xx.

• Maggie

Hahaha, I love the water/fruit image! And Spotebi sounds great, I’ll have to look into it!

Spotebi has been so much fun actually, it’s helped me get into exercising more regularly πŸ™‚

• starringpamela

I can’t wait to see your next tattoo!!! And I love the fruit and water picture so I think you made a good choice!

I’m going to get it done in July. I need to work on my savings a bit first πŸ˜€
      And thank you! I really liked that picture πŸ™‚

• Natalie Vinh

I need to get into shape for summer! It’s going to be around 100 degrees in California this week, and my swimsuit body is NOT ready. Google search, how many situps until you have abs?

Go Natalie! Also, I always get a tad freaked when I hear Americans talk about weather. Celsius and Fahrenheit is so confusing πŸ˜„

• Natalie Vinh

100 Fahrenheit! I think that’s probably around, I don’t know, 50 Celsius? Hot hot hot!

I looked it up, that’s 37 celsius! That is incredibly hot. Way hotter than NZ is ever capable of XD

• elizafaith00

I’ve never thought of doing a challenge with a blogger. What a neat idea (mind if I steal it? I’ll make sure to credit ya😏). I love doing blogging/photography challenges sometimes I feel I do too many… Thanks for posting!
    E

Sure, you can join in the challenge πŸ™‚
      There’s heaps of 30 days challenges out there. Maggie from https://dreamingofguatemala.com/ is the one who started this particular challenge though. So all credit should go to her πŸ™‚