Hallo! Welcome to another little TBT post. Today’s is about a place I have very briefly mentioned before in the blog. It’s about Makara Beach. I had never heard of this place before, but Rory had frequented it with his family as they liked to walk there. So in 2015, on a Labour Day weekend, Rory drove us up there, so we could do this little walk up the hill.

2015-10-25 11.41.07.jpg
It was a very stony beach

As we made our way past the carpark, we came across this beach. It was very stony. To the left, there was a little path and a sign showing us more about the walk.

2015-10-25 11.42.25.jpg
A helpful little sign

2015-10-25 11.44.05

There were a few options we could take. We went with the ones that went up to the Fort Opau gun battlements. The full walk takes few hours, but we decided on just doing a small part (we got hungry).

2015-10-25 11.58.40

2015-10-25 11.45.18
See the windmills on the other side?

As we made our way up the first hill, we spotted another windmill, as well as some sheep! They kept to their own and wandered away when I tried to get close.

2015-10-25 11.52.23
Pardon the blurry photo, the sheep excited me

With sheep ahead, I was already in a good mood. But then I turned around…

20151025_120525
Look at the view!

We forged ahead.

2015-10-25 12.12.13
Rory admires the far off windmill

The path took us through more stunning views.

2015-10-25 12.12.23

20151025_120718
Green above, and blue below

We continued higher up the hill.

20151025_120844

20151025_120735

In the end we made it to the battlements!

20151025_123432
So short XD

It was a fun little walk! Hopefully when the weather is nice, we can go on some more little hiking adventures around town!

28 thoughts on “Makara Beach

• Maggie

What a fun place! Looks like an awesome area to visit πŸ˜„ Haha I would have been excited about the sheep, too!

Rory and I keep meaning to go back, but we always forget. Hopefully when the weather is nicer we can go again πŸ˜„

• iwannabealady

This place is beautiful! To have such hills… Florida is beautiful but completely flat. I’d love to be sitting atop that hill, overlooking that ocean view. With food though, lol πŸ™‚

Wellington is nothing but hills! At least I get a workout walking home as I live up a hill πŸ˜„
      We had food that day, but only like snack bars cause we didn’t want to bring too much up πŸ˜‚

• iwannabealady

Oh, snack bars don’t count as food, lol.

It looks gorgeous!! The views are breathtaking. I would love to see it but you wouldn’t convince me to hike. Unless you made a candy trail. haha

It’s definitely a great sight πŸ™‚
      This hike wasn’t too bad actually πŸ˜„
      It was only an hour, we didn’t do the whole thing, cause it gets really hard and goes on for a few more hours.

• Dippy-Dotty Girl

Oh yes amen to the last. May you get more of these because there is nothing like a good hike, fellow sheep and windmills to get the juices flowing πŸ˜‰ Lovely photos xx

Thank you! Your blog was actually the inspiration for writing this particular post πŸ˜›
      I love all the hikes you go on and the pictures you share πŸ˜€

• Dippy-Dotty Girl

Aww thanks! That makes me happy πŸ™‚ More hiking/walking power to you love. There is nothing like a good hike. But it is essential that you do not forget the Rule to one. At the end always have cake xx

• Lee

I love seeing pictures with such beautiful scenery and views. And those earthy colors! Thanks for sharingπŸ’™πŸ’š

Thanks for reading Lee! It’s such a beautiful and peaceful spot πŸ™‚

• vsweta

Awesome views and beautifully captured!

• styleintheafternoon

Omg this beach is so beautiful! Great location for a hike

It’s got so much amazing scenery! It’s a good hike too, I’ve never tried the full 4 hour one, but maybe I will. The views look promising πŸ˜€

• AdashofJhaee

Always love the overlooking views 😍

They’re beautiful! πŸ˜€ 😍

• ayrgalaxy

Gorgeous!! I wish our beaches looked that pristine!

New Zealand does have amazing blue water! It’s freezing all year round though XD

• ayrgalaxy

Over here as well haha. Will never get into the water haha.

• xoJenny

Beautiful view! I love an uphill view into the water, its always so breathtaking!! The blue tone is so pretty and majestic! Thanks for sharing Makara Beach with us all <3

xo, JJ

Thanks Jenny! It was such a beautiful sight! I hope to find more spots like this close to home πŸ˜€

• ashleymcdermott

Oh wow those pictures are great! The contrast of the blue and green is gorgeous, bet it was so lovely in person

Thanks Ashley πŸ™‚
      It was amazing in person! I can’t wait to go there again πŸ˜€

• TheFallibleQueen