Each month I’ve decided to keep myself accountable for those goals/resolutions I made at the beginning of the year. I may also add some monthly goals that I will check up in next month.
1) Try a new baking recipe at least once a month – I have two recipe books to choose from, so this seems very doable. Since I have lots of other hobbies I like to spend time on, aiming for at least one a month should be doable.
2) Learn new songs on the piano – You may notice there’s no number here. My aim is to learn at least one, I really need to get my rusty piano skills back up to scratch.
Haha, nope. I have played occasionally, but I’m practising old songs first, trying to get them back up to scratch.
3) Learn new songs on the ukulele – I actually learnt one new song in 2017, but I want to learn more. I really love playing the ukulele and singing along, as terrible as my singing voice is..
You know, I haven’t even touched my ukulele this month..
4) Practice photography more – Again, just a vague goal. But I want to take more photos, maybe do more challenges. I want to continue learning more. I don’t doubt I will take more photos this year though.
I have gone on a few photo excursions this month! Also, I enjoy creating flatlay photos for the blog. I’m getting full use from my DSLR, and I’m definitely learning.
5) Complete Duolingo course in Japanese – I’ve already started a few weeks back, and it’s been so much fun. Here’s hoping I don’t lose motivation over the year.
I have been doing really well on this! I’ve gotten past learning Hiragana and Katakana, and now I’m just revising over and over trying to hammer it into my head. We even bought little workbooks to help us learn how to write it.
6) Do some sort of exercise at least twice a week – running, dance cardio, strength, yoga, just something damn it! Come on Angela, just do it!
I have consistently exercised at least 3 times a week this past month! Most weeks I’ve done 4-5, with 3 being the least. Those are really good stats for me! I alternate between arm & shoulders, core & cardio, lower body and legs, and sometimes yoga. I’ve been trying some basic yoga videos, and I’ve learnt that I’m really not flexible. These are all home workouts. Youtube is an amazing place.
7) Learn more hairstyles than just a ponytail – I don’t do much with my hair, I just don’t know what to do with it. I need to try some of the many pins I have.
Instead of a ponytail, sometimes I do a bun. Not a very good one, it’s very messy, but I could say that’s on purpose. I once tried two buns, but I don’t know how I feel about that. I’ve been also trying to get better at braiding. I normally just do the ends of my hair, but I want to try french braiding. So some progress there. I tried a few Pinterest tutorials but I was so lost.
8) Continue trying more makeup looks – similar to my previous goal, I want to learn to do more with my makeup. Especially with my eyes. It’s fun to play with!
I’ve been doing quite a few of these! I’m planning on dedicating a post to some of my favourite looks I’ve made these past few months. I’m still learning what to do, but I’m having fun experimenting.
9) Try more DIY’s, maybe make a scrapbook, or home decor – I did the travel wall last year, and I’d like to do more! Pinterest will be very helpful with this goal.
I shared my scrapbook I made, but that was a few years ago. I’ve got a few of these lined up. One is coming up tomorrow about what I did with my little craft jars!
10) Go on holiday overseas – We have plans for Japan which seems like it’ll go through. If something happens though, I hope we still get to go overseas at least once this year.
Japan is on the way! We have bought tickets and booked places to stay! Now I’m just looking at activities, transportation and all the fun stuff.
11) Go on holiday within New Zealand – I always like to say travel locally, so hopefully we can do more of that this year!
We’ve booked a little stay at a resort in Taupo in March for our first wedding anniversary! They’ve got natural hot pools there, so it should be a fun time!
12) Keep my journals and planners up to date – I have quite a few journals. One to keep track of my budget, my daily thoughts journal, and my blogging planner. I want to continue to keep them up to date.
Mostly I’ve been good with this. The latest it takes me to update my notebooks is on the weekend when it comes to keeping track of budgets.
13) Complete a colouring book – I have so many, and none are even close to being finished. Maybe I can finish my small one..
Haven’t even looked at them this month…
14) Read 30 books – My 2017 Reading challenge was set to 20 books, I finished that and more, so I think I can set my goal a little higher this year!
I’ve read four books already! I’m so happy with how I’m going with these. It also helps that all four books have been so entertaining so far. I’ve read Playing For Keeps, The Hate U Give, Talking As Fast As I Can and One of Us is Lying.
15) Watch 15 movies – I mean new ones, not rewatching ones I’ve seen before. 15 is already a lot, but it seems doable.
I’ve rewatched a few Harry Potter movies over the festive season. But we did go to the cinema and watch The Greatest Showman. I watched Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist on Netflix the other day, which was fun. Nothing mindblowing though. I also watched Don Jon, which was silly and fun, because New Jersey accents strongly remind me of Jersey Shore. So that means I’ve watched 2 new movies so far this year. Should I do random little movie reviews, like with the books I read? Maybe.
16) Continue blogging everyday – I love blogging, and having a post up everyday has been so much fun for me. Here’s hoping I can keep this up for 2018!
Yep! Have had a post go up everyday this month!
17) Do more collaborations with fellow bloggers – I did a few collabs in 2017, and I’d love to do more ?
I have done one already! With the lovely Pamela again. This time we shared some book recommendations with you all! I hope to do one at least every month!
18) Reach 5000 followers! – I mean, I never thought I’d get over 2000 by the end of 2017, so why not aim high right? Even if I fall short, it’ll still be more followers than I would have imagined I’d get to!
At the beginning of January I was at around 2200, now at the end of January I’ve just passed 2500. That’s insane! Maybe 5000 isn’t an unreachable amount after all?..
That’s all my goals currently! I have no monthly goals or plans for next month, I think these are enough to focus on for now.
How have you been going with your monthly/yearly goals?
Find me elsewhere: