To continue with my themed anniversary posts, I got the idea to try recreate my wedding makeup look. I feel like I know more about makeup than I did a year ago, so I could do a similar look at least. When my lovely makeup artist Dom asked me what look I wanted, I said ‘natural’, and a little romantic. My makeup was stunning on the day, and it’s definitely my preferred ‘natural’ look, but a but more glam. I compiled all the photos I had of my makeup, and set about trying to do my own spin on it.
Obviously, I couldn’t do the hair, as that is way beyond my skill level. The makeup is also out of my level, but I felt like I could at least give it a shot. What I remember the most is she did a lot of work on my eyes. I wanted a bronze/golden eye, but I still stressed the whole ‘natural’ look overall. I think she nailed it. My recreated eye look is a lot more subtle, but I did try to build it up! I also only did one layer of mascara, but on the day, there was a bit more.
Looking at the photos now, I’m so impressed with how she ‘sculpted’ my face. You know what I mean, contouring, bronzing and highlighting. I tried a bit, but it doesn’t show up too much on the camera. Dom did say that while it feels like a lot of makeup being put on, it doesn’t look like that in the photos. She was right yet again! I don’t know the products she used, except for the lips. We used my only lipstick at the time as it was my favourite. The Clinique Pop in nude.
All in all, I’m fairly happy with my recreated look. It reminds me of my wedding makeup, but definitely a more subtle version. Which is funny, as my makeup on the day wasn’t that extreme. I always love the opportunity where professionals make me up though, it’s so nice to be pampered!
Here are all the products I used to recreate this look:
- Primer – Too Faced Hangover Primer
- Foundation – Bare Minerals Original Foundation SPF 15
- Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Medium
- Bronzer – Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Bronzer in Navigate
- Highlighter – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
- Blush – Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Perk
- Finishing Powder – Stellar Cosmic Face Powder in Glow
- Brows – Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette in Deep Brown
- Eyeshadow – Combination of Colour Pop Double Entendre Palette and Tarte Treasure Box
- Mascara – Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara in Noir
- Lipstick – Clinique Pop Lip & Primer in Nude
- Setting Spray – Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
Find me elsewhere: