You know, sometimes I get no nominations for a whole month, and sometimes I get a whole bunch. This month, I got quite a few, so I’m breaking it into two posts as having them all in one post made this post veeeery long!
The Sunshine Blogger Award
The majestic Anni from Glücksgeist nominated me for the sunshine blogger award. She blogs about baking, Youtube, DIY, and honestly she’s a ball of sunshine herself.
- What made you smile today?
Thinking about the fact that we’ll be off to Japan in a month!!
- Do you prefer rain or sunshine?
It honestly depends. Sometimes I feel like sun, other times, rain is nice to listen to.
- What was the last post you uploaded on your blog?
Yesterday I uploaded another little DIY project involving melting crayons to make art.
- What’s your favourite board game?
- Last book you read?
Doing It! by Hannah Witton.
- How often do you check your blog a day?
Constantly. If I’m at work, I check it every break. If I’m not at work, then whenever I check my phone, which is often.
- When was the last time you laughed out loud?
At work. I love hanging out with my co-workers, as well as the little babies. We have a wee little boy at the moment (almost 4 months), and when you make eye contact with him, he just babbles and laughs for days. Which in turn makes me laugh. It’s like having a conversation, except I have no idea what he’s on about.
- What’s your favourite song at the moment?
Meant to Be. We sing it all the time.
- What was the last beauty related item you bought?
I caved and bought some more Tarte products when they announced a sale. They’re all lip products and I’m pretty excited for them to arrive!
- Do you like Mondays?
- Tell us something about the next blog post you’re uploading.
The second part of all these award posts!
The Beauty/Makeup Tag
The wonderful Maha from The Beyoutiful Gal nominated me for this new makeup related tag. Maha blogs about beauty, fashion lifestyle, and is such a lovely lady!
- What do you love about makeup?
The variety. There is so much products to try, looks to try create, different formulas, shades, brands and things to explore!
- How long does it take for you to do your makeup?
It ranges between 10-30 minutes depending on how much time I have, and if I’m in a rush or not.
- Do you remember your first makeup item?
I am racking my brain so hard. I think it was a gifted eye/lip palette maybe from Avon? I don’t remember using it much though. As for the first item I bought on my own, I think it was foundation.
- Will you leave the house without makeup?
Rarely nowadays. I like to put on light makeup even if I’m just going out for errands. It’s a fun part of my day putting on makeup.
- Favourite lipstick
Tarte Lip Paint
- Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I can’t think of any right now.
- What product do you buy mostly?
Lately, it’s been eye products. Shadow palettes, liners, mascaras. I’ve been trying to learn more about it recently, so I’ve just been buying a range the past couple of months.
- One makeup product that you cannot do without?
- Favourite makeup hack?
Using contact solution to get rid of mascara on the eyelid
- Matte lip colour or lip gloss?
Matte. I don’t like having sticky or glossy lips too much.
- Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Since I wear glasses all the time, I feel like it would just get in the way, so no.
- What is your most cherished makeup beauty product?
Bare Minerals Foundation
- Favourite makeup brand
- What is your skin type?
I’m not really sure. It can sometimes get oily, other times day. So I guess combination?
- How many times do you wash your face daily?
My skin gets quite oily if I wash my face daily. I wash it around 3 times a week, and then just rinse with water everyday.
- Any acne story?
I had it when I was younger. It seems to have mostly backed off now.
- Do you like trying out new skincare routines or do you stick to a routine?
I’ve only recently gotten a skincare routine, but I’m open to trying others.
- Do you think you look good without makeup on?
I don’t look terrible.
Mystery Blogger Award
Kate from Ankhor You nominated me for this award. She blogs about fashion, coffee, travelling and life in general. She is always so bubbly and supportive!
3 Facts (Things I Don’t Like Edition)
- Sudden loud sneezes scare me
Touching velvet clothing freaks me out
Mushrooms don’t taste good
- What is your favorite season?
- Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
- Favorite make-up brand?
- Where do you want to travel to next?
After Japan, I don’t know just yet.
- Last TV show you watched?
The Amazing Race
So here, I’m going to nominate a whole bunch of bloggers I’ve been loving lately. You don’t need to take part if you don’t do tags. If you do, then just choose one you want to do, or go crazy and do them all like I did.
Keep an eye out for part two of all the awards I need to catch up on later on today!
Find me elsewhere: